The Little Shop of Physics team has shared their unique hands-on science experience with over 500,000 people around the globe.
For a better look at what we do, check out some videos of Little Shop of Physics in Action.
During this workshop, you’ll get a chance to see a bit about what we do, and how and why we do it. We’ve assembled some resources for participants, more information about the activities you saw during the workshop.
Resources for Workshop Participants
Make and Take Activities
Vapor Pressure Kinesthetic Activity: Why can warm air hold more moisture than cold air?
Hand Boiler: Why does heat from your hand cause the liquid to move?
Marshmallow Masher: What causes pressure?
Wax Block Mystery: Why are clouds white?
Writing With Light: What is the difference between red light and blue light?
- Check out these and other activities and resources as part of our page Ten Things You Should Know About The Atmosphere
Static Sensor: Can you use static electricity to light a light bulb?
Human Powered Clock: How many people does it take to
screw in a light bulb run a clock?
- Check out these and other activities and resources as part of our page Everything You Need To Know About Electricity
Hands-On Experiment Stations
Get Your Science On: A page with links to videos of how our different stations work and how we build them.
While you are here on our site, you should check out some of the other materials we’ve assembled:
- Everything You Should Know: Pages that sum up a topic that connect with videos and other resources.
- Lesson Plans And Guides: Hands-on classroom activities on a variety of topics.
- Show Me Some Science / Flash Science / Now You Know: Videos that show interesting physical phenomena for your enlightenment and educational use.
Keep in touch—we love to share ideas and insights with other folks doing engagement and outreach at their institutions.
Heather Michalak, Assistant Director, Little Shop of Physics
Sheila Ferguson, Teacher in Residence, Little Shop of Physics