Colorado Science Conference – November 2014
Kinesthetic Activities for Teaching Abstract Concepts
Presented at the Colorado Science Conference in Denver, CO on November 2014. Click here to find see a writeup about the event.
Topic #1: Your Body Knows Physics
- Getting Out of a Chair
- Falling Off a Cliff
- Walking a Tightrope
- Standing on Tiptoe
Topic #2: Be the Molecule / Atom / Photon
- Freezing Water
- Molecules in a Box – What causes pressure?
- Why does warm air “hold” More moisture than cool air?
- Extra content not covered in the session
Topic #3: Physical Demonstrations
- Friction Tug of War
- Lean In (Acceleration): Linear, Circular Motion
- Egg toss
- Hand Boilers – Why does warm air “hold” More moisture than cool air?
- Reusable Heat Packs – How can freezing make something warmer?
Many other lesson plans and guides available at: