Saturday, February 24, 2018, 10am-4pm
Colorado State University, Lory Student Center
Free and Open to the Public!
What Is Open House?
Every year, thousands of people flock to the Lory Student Center for a day of fun, hands-on science at the Little Shop of Physics Open House!
This event is free and open to the public. It is appropriate for folks of all ages, from pre-K to gray! Along with over 350 hands-on homemade science experiments, you can check out interactive presentations and activities hosted by our Science Partner Groups from all over Colorado.
Open House will be in the Colorado State University Lory Student Center, on the 3rd floor. We recommend parking in the Engineering Parking Lot or the Morgan Library Parking Lot on CSU Campus. Public transportation is also a great option: CSU is served by several bus routes, including the MAX.
Most parking on campus is available free of charge on Saturdays, but please check the signage in the lots to confirm. For more information, visit the Parking and Transportation Services Website.
We’ll have more details about Open House 2018 as the date gets closer, but here’s what we know for sure: It’s going to be free and fun! Check out this thank-you video from Open House 2017.
2018 Open House Guides
(click on image to open large version)
Interactive presentations will be held in the Lory Student Center North Ballroom every hour during the day. Presenters include representatives from the Native American Cultural Center at CSU, Oglala Lakota College, the STEM Educators Club at CSU, and Little Shop of Physics. Come join the fun!
10:30 – ¡Exploramos!
11:30 – Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream
12:30 – Million-Volt Tesla Coil
1:30 – ¡Exploramos!
2:30 – Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream
3:30 – Million-Volt Tesla Coil
We are lucky to be joined by some amazing partners who are as passionate about teaching science as we are!
- CenturyLink Science Explorations sponsored by the Denver Broncos Tackle STEM
- Illuminating Physics with the Department of Physics
- Exploring Our Atmosphere with the Department of Atmospheric Science
- Explorations of Human Anatomy with the Department of Biomedical Sciences
- #The Dress + More with the Department of Psychology
- See the Sun with the Colorado State University Astronomy Club
- Wind Tunnel and Sonde Construction with National Center for Atmospheric Research
- Open Wide and Trek Inside: Explore the Microbes In Your Mouth with the Department of Microbiology, Immunology, and Pathology
Major funding for the Little Shop of Physics is provided by the Colorado State University College of Natural Sciences. Funding for Open House is provided by the Denver Broncos Tackle STEM Powered By CenturyLink and the Mathew McCausland Memorial Fund.
Stuff From Previous Years
This year will be our 27th Annual Open House. Check out all of the fun we’ve had in the past!