CenturyLink Teachers and Technology Program
The CenturyLink Teachers and Technology Program’s purpose is to identify and support projects that bring technology into the classroom in an innovative manner. The program is funded through the CenturyLink Foundation and is available in CenturyLink’s local service areas.
- Public and private school teachers in K-12 schools in CenturyLink’s local service areas may apply for these grants.
- Schools must be in a CenturyLink service area but do NOT have to be a CenturyLink customer in order to apply for a grant.
- Grants will not exceed $5,000 per project.
- The number of grants awarded in each state will vary but the total amount allocated for the 2016-2017 school year will be $1.4 million.
- Grant applications will be available and submitted online (fsrequests.com/CenturyLinkGrant)
- Applicants will provide a summary of their project, a budget and detail on the impact that they think this project or purchase would have in their classroom.
- Applicants will also be asked to sign a certification stating that they are not involved in the school’s telecommunications or procurement decisions, that receiving this grant will not significantly increase the school’s network needs and that receiving the grant will not impact E-rate procurement decisions.
- The selection committee in each area will be composed of individuals from the local community, educators and CenturyLink employees.
- Grants applications will be accepted October 1, 2016 – January 12, 2017.
- Grants will be awarded and presented to schools between April 1 and May 15, 2017.