Feedback on Writing
Engage, Explore, Explain, Extend: Air, Water and Weather
- Engage: Draw a picture of a cloud
- Demonstration: Stability (Tipping Point)
- Explore: Stability (Be the Parcel)
Engage, Explore, Explain: Modeling Energy Transport in the Atmosphere
- Engage: The “Space Refrigerator”
- Engage: What is a greenhouse gas?
- Video: Greenhouse gases
- Explore: Modeling Energy Transport in the Atmosphere
- Extend: Simple Climate Model
Weather vs. Climate
- Engage: What is the difference between weather and climate?
- Explore: Chaos (spreadsheet)
- Explain: How can you predict the climate, when you can’t predict the weather?
- Evaluate: What is the Butterfly Effect?
Write and upload answers to the following questions:
- What are the main lessons from this session’s activities and discussions?
- What questions or uncertainties about this material do you still have?
- What did this session make you wonder about—what questions did it raise?